If you don’t listen to loud noises of booming crackers or get the smell of burnt crackers or spend on electric lighting, can you get the feeling of Diwali? Obviously not! The excitement and fun begins with this. Eco-Friendly Diwali sounds like a senseless idea.
Here are the 8 reasons for I am NOT celebrating Eco-Friendly Diwali for next 8 years:
- I don’t care about the environment: Environment tolerates all kinds of pollution every year. But, it is still fine. The noise of crackers and bombs gives the feel of fun prevailing in the air. The booming sound of firecrackers makes me feel the fun n frolic of the festival.
- I don’t care for Asthma patients: Only because Asthma patients can’t enjoy and join in bursting crackers, shall I keep away from them too? I want to be part of all the fun activities and enjoy.
- I don’t care if massive energy gets consumed: Diwali is a festival of lights and I need to illuminate the house with the fancy electric lights. Burning oil lamps will take more time and effort. However, putting electric lights and beautifying the house is an easier way to decorate the house on Diwali.
- I least care about pets who suffer from noise: A pet is never part of such celebrations. Taking care of them amidst celebrations sounds crazy. They can be left in a room as they get scared and frightened by the noise.
Image source: robinfaar
- I love bursting fancy crackers: Fancy crackers make the Diwali celebration, lively. When I watch colourful burst of crackers high in the sky, my heart feels delighted. At the same time these firecrackers are a symbol of Status as well.
- I’m indifferent towards the garbage created: If garbage is created during the celebration of Diwali, it is not going to trouble me. I can overlook it and carry on.
- I don’t care if these firecrackers are costly & cause injuries too: I couldn’t care less if these firecrackers are costly & causes injuries to others. There is a part of my earnings as well as parents’ earnings, which is burnt for fun and enjoyment. What if they give only garbage and are burnt to ashes? They can be used to the fullest for amusement.
Image source: IndianExpress
- It makes no difference if Child Labour increases during Diwali for manufacturing firecrackers: I don’t want to pay heed to increased rate of child labour during the festive season, Diwali. Even when the underage children fall victim to accidents while manufacturing crackers and child labour is promoted, the festivity cannot suffer because of it.
Image Source: Galli
Do you still think that you don’t care about the environment & people and want to avoid Eco – Friendly Diwali?
The festival of lights, Diwali is around the corner. Make everyone smile instead of adding the fear of danger to their lives. The festival is best celebrated with your near and dear ones around you. Experience the Diwali fervour this season with your loved ones and make it more memorable.