Jan 28, 2016, Bengaluru
Marriott International & SAMHI JV launches the first ever integrated property – ‘Courtyard by Marriott’ and ‘Fairfield by Marriott’ in Bengaluru, wherein Marriott holds 33% stake and SAMHI owns 67% stake. This property is strategically located in Bengaluru’s IT hub of Outer Ring Road. Both are full service hotels and are priced at ₹8,500 for Courtyard and ₹6,500 for Fairfield.
“Marriott International has always been at the forefront of driving innovation in the hospitality industry in India and to further this commitment, the Marriott International group has, for the first time, invested in a property in the country,” – Craig Smith, President & Managing Director, Marriott International Asia Pacific
“We are excited about opening of this integrated property, which offers two strong Marriott brands to customers. This development demonstrates our ability to continue to deliver on our pipeline and growth of portfolio, which is well positioned to benefit from growth in demand & economy” – Ashish Jakhanwala, founder and CEO of SAMHI
Highlights of The Launch:
- Press meet at 2:30pm (Jan 28, 2016) unveiling the grand launch by dignitaries
- The property
- This is a 366-room property with the investment of ₹300 crore.
- The 170-key upscale brand Courtyard and 166-key mid-market brand Fairfield are linked by one common floor
- Located in 2 acres of land
- Further, India’s Fashion guru Prasad Bidapa rolled out a unique fashion show on the theme, ‘A Tribute to Bengaluru’
- Followed by a live performance by Bangalore rock band ‘Thermal in a Quarter’
Photographs By: Piyali Dutta
Curated by a Building Expert from Wienerberger India